On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 23:45, Dahai Guo wrote:
> Hello,
> I am building LFS 6.5 via LiveCD on VirtualBox. Now I am at chap 4 which
> talks about adding users. Everything went fine except that the added user
> was gone when I shut down the machine and restarted it. I used "cat
> /etc/passwd" to list the users and did not find the newly added user. Any
> suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
> Best Regards,Dan

I have not used VirtualBox but when I used an alternate virtualization
solution I never closed the LiveCD guest system.

If I had to shutdown the physical or host system I would first
suspend/hibernate the guest system.

Then after shutdown and restart of the host (real) system I would resume the
guest and the state of my guest was as it was before I had suspended it.

Regards

Tony Sauri