[Sorry for the top post, I'm on my blackberry...]
It's sparse files being expanded. When using tar for making backups, you should
use "--sparse" or "-S".

------Original Message------
From: xinglp
Sender: lfs-support-boun...@linuxfromscratch.org
To: lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org
ReplyTo: LFS Support List
Subject: lfs backup, but size changed.
Sent: Oct 26, 2010 11:31

When I finished the lfs build, install some extra software, do some config.

I use "tar -jcf ../lfs-someday.tar.bz2 *" to backup it. and then
restore it to another part by "tar -xf ../lfs-someday.tar.bz2
../somewhere".

Then I use df to check the size of them. The restored lfs is bigger
than where it backup from, about 30MB.

But when use "cp -a" copy it to new place, they are the same size.

Where is my wrong?