scrat wrote:
> On 09/25/2011 10:33 AM, Andrew Benton wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 08:52:02 -0400
>> scrat<baho-u...@columbus.rr.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> I have completed the LFS-6.8 book to the chapter on rebooting to the new
>>> LFS system.
>>>
>>> The kernel appears to load but fails at the point of:
>>>
>>> [ 1.433897] Freeing unused kernel memory: 400k freed
>>>
>>> It stops there and a hard reset is required.
>> You need to recompile your kernel. You need to work on your
>> kernel .config and develop a working kernel that can boot your computer
>> _without_ modules.

> Ok I will look at the kernel.
>
> I used a config file that had booted before on this machine

One thing you can probably do is use Shift-PgUp to look at earlier
screens to see if there are any error messages that might have scrolled off.

One suspicious thing is the [ 1.433897] number.  My system is not
particularly slow, but it has
   [    3.081309] Freeing unused kernel memory: 612k freed

The next things that follow on my system are the initialization of the
usb HW.  I agree with Andy that the kernel config look suspicious.
Remember to not use modules for the first time through.

   -- Bruce