On 29/12/11 17:11, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> spiky wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I,m building Metacity-2.30.1 I recieved an error while running make.
>> libmetacity_private_la-boxes.lo] Error 1
>> leaving metacity-2.30.1/src.
>> I checked the src there is no libmetacity_private_la-boxes
> I have not had a chance to try Metacity yet because it requires several
> Gnome packages that have not yet been updated.  It was last checked for
> LFS 6.5.
>
> The current version is 2.34.1.  If you get it working, let us know of
> any workarounds you needed to do.
>
>     -- Bruce

I did have to change to libcanberra-028 as the 0.18 failed to build, The
0.28 version built without problems,
   Regarding Metacity I was just seeing what is was like as I had tried
Fluxbox and sawfish, I did get success with Metacity-2.34.1 building
without problem Just couldn't configure it to work with X, I then
swapped to xfce-4.8 which went without a hitch.