On Thursday 19 January 2012 06:14:10 am Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:49:37 -0500
>
> Baho Utot <baho-u...@columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> > I have been working on mpc.
> >
> > I have noticed that the way it is built in the book it only builds the
> > static library.
> >
> > If --enable-shared is passed to configure it look like that is ignored as
> > it still doesn't build the shared library.
>
> I don't agree. I configure mpc with:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-static
>
> It installs:
> /usr/include/mpc.h
> /usr/lib/libmpc.so.2.0.0
> /usr/lib/libmpc.so.2
> /usr/lib/libmpc.so
> /usr/lib/libmpc.la
> /usr/share/info/mpc.info
>
> Andy

I am just reporting what I see on this build in progress.

When build in the chroot I get this result of the build

usr/
usr/lib/
usr/lib/libmpc.a
usr/include/
usr/include/mpc.h

When I build on the host I get the same thing.  Only when I add autoreconf
before the ./configure step do I get the shared library.

I wiull try building gcc today I have not progressed to that point just yet.