On 30-05-2012 05:01, Omar wrote:
> Thanks, Bruce. Ethernet works well now.
>
>>________________________________
>> 发件人: Bruce Dubbs
>>收件人: Omar; LFS Support List
>
>>发送日期: 2012年5月30日, 星期三, 下午 12:50
>>主题: Re: [lfs-support] interface eth0 doesn't exist
>>
>>Omar wrote:
>>> Hi, all:
>>> The eth0 fails to start when I start up the LFS7.1 system. It prompts
> that

[...]

>>You are probably missing the correct ethernet driver in the kernel
>>configuration.  What does the following give you?

[...]

>>You can also try 'lspci' in your host system.  I have:
>>
>>00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network
>>Connection (rev 02)
>
> My ethernet card is Realtek family but it is showed AMD PCnet32 in the
> VM ubuntu which is my host system. So I compile the kernel again with
> more three options as follows.

[...]

> CONFIG_PCNET32=y  (I think it is the most important because of the
> obvious relevance to VM.)

Yes, this is the relevant one.

[...]

If you have not yet done, sound and usb drivers will be needed later. As
written above by Bruce, "lspci" gives the names you have to enable in
the kernel.

$ lspci | grep -i audio
02:02.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97] (rev 02)

So, Ensoniq ES1371 is necessary.

$ lspci | grep -i usb
02:00.0 USB controller: VMware USB1.1 UHCI Controller
02:03.0 USB controller: VMware USB2 EHCI Controller

For usb.

And doing so, or just "lspci", you can find more necessary drivers.

--
[]s,
Fernando