After a week and a half of wrestling with LFS, I have successfully
built up what appears to be a working system.  This was my third
attempt and well, you know what they say.  Thanks to all of the
maintainers for this wonderful resource.

In section 6.7.1 of LFS 7.1 I installed the headers for linux-3.2.6.
By the time I made to actually building the kernel proper I grabbed
linux-3.2.27 from kernel.org.  Though it is only a different bugfix
version, it just occured to me that I am mixing Linux versions
nonetheless.

Can I safely leave the kernel headers from an earlier Linux version
in place when rebuilding the kernel proper.  Are the Linux headers
guaranteed to be stable across security/bugfix versions?  If Linux
headers do need replacing when upgrading, are they easily removed?
Does the kernel ship with a simple tool to clean out these headers?