On 08/28/2012 05:05 PM, Mike Johnston wrote:
Maybe I'm dense here, but the Util-Linux doesn't have a fsck.ext2 or fsck.ext3 in it's list of programs installed. Which module installs an fsck capable of ext2/3 filesystems?

When I built Util-linux I didn't get a fsck.ext2 or ext3. I only saw those if I left the --disable-fsck off the e2fsprogs configure.

Many thanks here,

Mike

*From:* Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com>
*To:* Mike Johnston <mkejohns...@yahoo.com>; LFS Support List <lfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org>
*Sent:* Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:58 PM
*Subject:* Re: [lfs-support] e2fsprogs

Mike Johnston wrote:
> So I built util-linux-2.20.1 and it has fsck, fsck.minix.
>
> Building e2fs the command line in the 7.1 book has the
> "--disable-fsck" flag in the configure.  This prevents the ext2/3/4
> from being built.
>
> The list of installed programs lower in the book shows them being
> installed. I'm just not sure how that can be if we didn't build
> them.

That appears to be left over from earlier versions. The comment in the e2fsprogs text is correct:

"--disable-*

This prevents E2fsprogs from building and installing the libuuid and libblkid libraries, the uuidd daemon, and the fsck wrapper, as Util-Linux installed all of them earlier."

  -- Bruce

Maybe I am missing something here.....

I am building LFS-7.0 and below is a list of files for util-linux and e2fsprogs (not the full list as I chopped /usr/share etc) Look below and you will see the mkfs.extx and fsck.extx files in e2fsprogs. I built them as the LFS-7.0 book states.
Hope this helps you....

bin/
bin/arch
bin/dmesg
bin/findmnt
bin/lsblk
bin/more
bin/mount
bin/mountpoint
bin/umount
lib/
lib/libblkid.so.1
lib/libblkid.so.1.1.0
lib/libmount.so.1
lib/libmount.so.1.1.0
lib/libuuid.so.1
lib/libuuid.so.1.3.0
sbin/
sbin/agetty
sbin/blkid
sbin/blockdev
sbin/cfdisk
sbin/ctrlaltdel
sbin/fdisk
sbin/findfs
sbin/fsck
sbin/fsck.cramfs
sbin/fsck.minix
sbin/fsfreeze
sbin/fstrim
sbin/hwclock
sbin/losetup
sbin/mkfs
sbin/mkfs.bfs
sbin/mkfs.cramfs
sbin/mkfs.minix
sbin/mkswap
sbin/pivot_root
sbin/sfdisk
sbin/swaplabel
sbin/swapoff
sbin/swapon
sbin/switch_root
sbin/wipefs
usr/
usr/bin/
usr/bin/cal
usr/bin/chkdupexe
usr/bin/chrt
usr/bin/col
usr/bin/colcrt
usr/bin/colrm
usr/bin/column
usr/bin/cytune
usr/bin/fallocate
usr/bin/flock
usr/bin/getopt
usr/bin/hexdump
usr/bin/i386
usr/bin/ionice
usr/bin/ipcmk
usr/bin/ipcrm
usr/bin/ipcs
usr/bin/isosize
usr/bin/linux32
usr/bin/linux64
usr/bin/logger
usr/bin/look
usr/bin/lscpu
usr/bin/mcookie
usr/bin/namei
usr/bin/pg
usr/bin/rename
usr/bin/renice
usr/bin/rev
usr/bin/script
usr/bin/scriptreplay
usr/bin/setarch
usr/bin/setsid
usr/bin/setterm
usr/bin/tailf
usr/bin/taskset
usr/bin/ul
usr/bin/unshare
usr/bin/uuidgen
usr/bin/wall
usr/bin/whereis
usr/bin/write
usr/bin/x86_64
usr/include/
usr/include/blkid/
usr/include/blkid/blkid.h
usr/include/libmount/
usr/include/libmount/libmount.h
usr/include/uuid/
usr/include/uuid/uuid.h
usr/lib/
usr/lib/libblkid.a
usr/lib/libblkid.so
usr/lib/libmount.a
usr/lib/libmount.so
usr/lib/libuuid.a
usr/lib/libuuid.so
usr/lib/pkgconfig/
usr/lib/pkgconfig/blkid.pc
usr/lib/pkgconfig/mount.pc
usr/lib/pkgconfig/uuid.pc
usr/sbin/
usr/sbin/addpart
usr/sbin/delpart
usr/sbin/fdformat
usr/sbin/ldattach
usr/sbin/partx
usr/sbin/readprofile
usr/sbin/rtcwake
usr/sbin/tunelp
usr/sbin/uuidd

This is a parcel file list from e2fsprogs
etc/
etc/mke2fs.conf
lib/
lib/libcom_err.so.2
lib/libcom_err.so.2.1
lib/libe2p.so.2
lib/libe2p.so.2.3
lib/libext2fs.so.2
lib/libext2fs.so.2.4
lib/libss.so.2
lib/libss.so.2.0
sbin/
sbin/badblocks
sbin/debugfs
sbin/dumpe2fs
sbin/e2fsck
sbin/e2image
sbin/e2label
sbin/e2undo
sbin/fsck.ext2
sbin/fsck.ext3
sbin/fsck.ext4
sbin/fsck.ext4dev
sbin/logsave
sbin/mke2fs
sbin/mkfs.ext2
sbin/mkfs.ext3
sbin/mkfs.ext4
sbin/mkfs.ext4dev
sbin/resize2fs
sbin/tune2fs
usr/
usr/bin/
usr/bin/chattr
usr/bin/compile_et
usr/bin/lsattr
usr/bin/mk_cmds
usr/include/
usr/include/e2p/
usr/include/e2p/e2p.h
usr/include/et/
usr/include/et/com_err.h
usr/include/ext2fs/
usr/include/ext2fs/bitops.h
usr/include/ext2fs/ext2_err.h
usr/include/ext2fs/ext2_ext_attr.h
usr/include/ext2fs/ext2_fs.h
usr/include/ext2fs/ext2_io.h
usr/include/ext2fs/ext2_types.h
usr/include/ext2fs/ext2fs.h
usr/include/ext2fs/ext3_extents.h
usr/include/ext2fs/tdb.h
usr/include/ss/
usr/include/ss/ss.h
usr/include/ss/ss_err.h
usr/lib/
usr/lib/e2initrd_helper
usr/lib/libcom_err.a
usr/lib/libcom_err.so
usr/lib/libe2p.a
usr/lib/libe2p.so
usr/lib/libext2fs.a
usr/lib/libext2fs.so
usr/lib/libss.a
usr/lib/libss.so
usr/lib/pkgconfig/
usr/lib/pkgconfig/com_err.pc
usr/lib/pkgconfig/e2p.pc
usr/lib/pkgconfig/ext2fs.pc
usr/lib/pkgconfig/ss.pc
usr/sbin/
usr/sbin/e2freefrag
usr/sbin/filefrag
usr/sbin/mklost+found

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) -- a system of government where the least capable to
diminishing number of producers.