I have been looking at how the bootup is in LFS.

Am I correct to assume it goes something like this

grub-->kernel-->initd < /etc/inittab --> rc S --> run levels?

When is the getty section run in the above sequence?

Also upon looking at the boot scripts I am a bit confused here:

cleanfs is suppose to clean /var/lock and /var/run amongst other
filestsysems,  since they are symlinks to /run and /run is a tmpfs why
would they need cleaned? Should it not already be clean?

I found the above because I didn't have the /run line in the fsatb and
bad things happened when it was missing...would not get to the login,
it would boot but hang at the "whats on the usb" phase of the bootup.