Michael C. Robinson wrote:

> What I like is that my LFS build is tighter than a typical commercial
> Linux distribution.  That is becoming
> less and less the case though as I try to satisfy all of the
> dependencies for X.  My /usr partition is mushrooming to 5+ gigs.

I don't really know what you can do about that.  It depends on what you
want.  I have:

$ du -sh /usr/* --exclude=/usr/src

300M    /usr/bin
171M    /usr/include
1.4G    /usr/lib
324K    /usr/libexec
88K     /usr/local
13M     /usr/sbin
934M    /usr/share

Of course you don't really need include once things are built and you
can delete the /usr/lib/*.?a files.  I don't have all my libraries
stripped, so I could save some space there.  There are a lot of files in
/usr/share that could be removed.

   -- Bruce