On 02/09/12 11:30, Oshadha Gunawardena wrote:
I'm not using any network cards specifically.

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM, spiky <martynvid...@aol.com <mailto:martynvid...@aol.com>> wrote:

    On 02/09/12 11:05, Oshadha Gunawardena wrote:
    Ok, so I managed to do up to the chapter 6 and now reading
    through the chapter 7. In section 7.2 it says that I can ignore
    this section if I only has one network interface, so basically
    the entire section 7.2 I can ignore (7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3). And my
    question is doesn't this section 7.2 relates to section 7.3 or
    further? Or the sections are not related in their own context.

    Thanks,
    Oshadha.

    It dose say

    This section only applies if a network card is to be configured.

    _If a network card will not be used_, there is likely no need to
    create any configuration files relating to network cards. If that
    is the case, remove the |network| symlinks from all run-level
    directories (|/etc/rc.d/rc*.d|)

    will you be using a network?

If no network then you wont need that section then as there is nothing to setup also chapter 7.3 is not needed