Wally Lepore wrote:

> www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQI9jBazhaY

That was an interesting video.  It did seem that he spent more time in
describing how to set up a virtual environment than about LFS itself.

There were some things that I did not agree with.  I don't recommend
using a virtual system as a first choice.  You only need to have a
browser and a terminal window up if you are willing to create a new
partition on your system.

We do not recommend the LFS Live-CD, but any relatively new distro will
work.  A better option may be the LiveCD at
http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/livecdupd/ that William Harrington did.

We also do not recommend typing in everything by hand.  There is some
learning in doing that, but the small additional value is not really
worth the effort.  The frustations of typing errors, and the repetition
of the typing itself, outweigh any benefits.

What we do agree with is studying the commands to see what they do.  We
try to provide alternative constructs to enhance the learning experience.

   -- Bruce