On Sep 21, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Wally Lepore wrote:

> I would kindly like to know if there exists a support group or
> youtube video series that helps a novice "walk thrrough" the entire
> process of building a basic distro while simultaneously following
> every step of the way utilizing the LFS book.

Something I was curious about was something even simpler and users
don't even need web access or a gui with their host OS.

The idea is to use script or script replay!

script -t 2>lfs.timing lfs.session

Do all your introduction and setup and all and go through the first
package maybe even up to GCC to show how to do those commands.

ctrl-d and all that is saved

Build some more and then when you start to work setting up chroot
append to the script

script -t 2>lfs.timing -a lfs.session

go through that and building some things... you can skip whatever is
needed (because all output will be scripted as well... so building
while not on a fast machine can make the script quite boring).

Then when getting to another big section like configuring the system
and fstab and networking.. append to the script again

Then users can download the files and replay the script

scriptreplay lfs.timing lfs.session

tada!

By the way, it'll script everything, even your typos! Hah!

Sincerely,

William Harrington