On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 09:08:16PM +0100, Ralf Bauerfeind wrote:

> I tried several approaches to compile gcc regarding to chapter 6.17,
> first with user package management... then as root, too.
>
> I fear there might be some problems with the compiled-as-user programs
> prior to gcc which leaves gcc in a state that it can't be compiled, but
> I hope it's not the case and I'm just overlooking something.

 Possible, but here on -support we only see the problems.  So, I
think your other programs should be assumed to be ok until we see
evidence of errors.

> Compiling as root, 'configure' and 'make' both run fine (similar when
> compiling as user), but after the 'ulimit' command the 'make -k check'
> gets me errors I also get when compiling gcc as user.

 Errors are to be expected - that is why we use -k.

> A 'make install' afterwards ends into a similar error message with
> virtually no files installed.
>
> Every help and idea is appreciated.
>
> Here is the output I get. First just the summaries:

 I see a failed test ('unexpected failure') in libmudflap for both
versions, the rest of the summaries seem to all be ok, on a quick
look.

 I also don't see what error you are getting in the install.

ĸen