Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:

>> At this point you can also make temporary changes to mountvirtfs and add
>> some relevant echo or ls statements to try to understand what is happening.
>
> What kind of change is possible? I study the script but I am somewhat lost :)

In the mountvirtfs script, after chmod 1777 /run/shm, add

echo "TESTING------TESTING"
ls -l /run
echo "failed=$failed"

At the end of the script, just before the exit items, add

mountpoint /run
mountpoint /proc
mountpoint /sys
mountpoint /dev

At boot, look for TESTING and see if /run has the appropriate entries,
/run/{var,shm,lock}.

The value the messages are writing to is /run/var/bootlog, not bontlog.
  Did you change anything or is that just a typo?

   -- Bruce