Hello all,

Just built two systems, one of HLFS-development and one LFS-7.2.

Not sure what I did wrong, but neither system would successfully mount
/dev/pts or /dev/shm on bootup - both were complaining about
nonexistant mount points.  After searching the web for a few hours, I
came across one lonely half suggestion for a fix... and it works.

In the file /etc/rc.d/init.d/mountfs
I added the following at line 38
    (   below    boot_mesg "Mounting remaining file systems"  )
    mkdir /dev/{pts,shm}

It worked.

DJ