Michael zachar wrote:

> This is where it fail to create them saing that file or directory does
> not exist
>
> Then I run command "localedef"  by itself and message is that cannot run
> cannot find version 2.15.

I'm not sure what you did, but you should get:

$ localedef -V
localedef (GNU libc) 2.16
Written by Ulrich Drepper.

What is the result of `echo $PATH`?

You should also be able to execute /lib/libc-2.16.so and get:

GNU C Library stable release version 2.16, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.7.1.
Compiled on a Linux 3.5.2 system on 2012-08-22.
Available extensions:
         crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
         GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
         Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
         BIND-8.2.3-T5B
libc ABIs: UNIQUE IFUNC
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.

You can also try to see what the following gives:

$ ldd /usr/bin/localedef
         linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007fff6abd3000)
         libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007f0956b03000)
         /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f0956ea8000)

Note that at this point you should only have about 20 executables in
/bin and /usr/bin.  Everything else is in /tools.

   -- bruce

   -- Bruce