On 01/05/13 16:29, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Baho Utot wrote:
>> I am working on adding cpu frequency control to BLFS.  I needed to load
>> the cpufreq_ondemand etc kernel modules.  I placed a file into
>> /etc/modprobe.d and the modules where no loaded.  When I placed them
>> into /etc/sysconfig/modules of course they loaded fine.
>>
>> I have a file installed by LFS-7.2 called usb.conf.
> Not to my knowledge from LFS.  I have no such file.

It is installed in the current  LFS-7.2 8.3.2 Configuring Linux Module
Load Order

> There is no modprobe.d in LFS, and hasn't been since LFS 7.0.  I don't
> recall what was present before 7.0.
>
>> What loads this module?
>> Has everything been moved to /etc/sysconfig/modules, which make this
>> file an orphan, which in case will need to be corrected in LFS.  If that
>> is not the case hen I have to fix something on my system.
> I suggest reading the boot scripts and understanding what they do.
> Start with /etc/inittab and then /etc/init.d/rc.
>
> Modules are initiated by
>
> /etc/rc.d/rcS.d/S05modules -> ../init.d/modules
>
>     -- Bruce

Yes I understand where the module loading currently is located in LFS.
That is why after putting a file under /etc/modprobe.d and it did not
load, then putting them into /etc/sysconfig/modules and it working lead
me to this.  That is why I posted.  The book installs usb.conf and the
system does nothing with it.