On 03/03/2013 02:36 PM, DJ Lucas wrote:
> On 03/01/2013 08:15 PM, Baho Utot wrote:
>> FYI - For those that may be interested.....
>>
>> I have just finished my current project, building LFS using the RPM
>> package manager.
>> It builds the LFS tool chain from bash scripts, then RPM is build and
>> installed into /tools,
>> which I then use to build chapters 6-8 using RPM driven by some bash
>> scripts.
>>
>> The whole build is controlled by a single bash script, so that once the
>> environment is setup, running the control script will build LFS in one
>> go.  Set the root passwd and then reboot to the newly built system.
>>
>> I have uploaded it to github.
>> Here is the URL:
>> https://github.com/baho-utot/LFS-RPM
>>

> Did you give up on Pacman?
>
> -- DJ

Yes, the LFS-pacman packeage management line is now a dead end.  If
anyone wants to take it over be my guest.

i don't like where pacman 4 is going and it requires many more
additional packages to make it function.
I am following the pacman devel on Arch for now and it seems a bit
crazy.   I wanted a simple package management system and it looked like
pacman would fit the bill.  I tried upgrading the version of pacman to
the latest version in my "build system" built things got a bit too
ugly.  I then looked for different packages managers and RPM seemed to
be the best choice.  I was used the lastest rpm version from rpm.org (
there has just been a new release so I will need to grab that).
I like the srpm files as it captures all the files used to create the
binary rpm package so you can recreate the binary package when ever you
need to.
Using rpm is a requirment for "Linux Filesystem Hierarchy Standard" so I
guess it makes me more compliant...Yipee