Going through LFS 7.3 and about ready to make it bootable but Fedora's
grub is giving me issue.

The plan was to share /boot between LFS and Fedora 18 as I have done in
the past (been awhile since I ran LFS - LFS 4.something last time I
think). Hell, I've shared /boot between Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu, and LFS.
That was grub 1 and it was easy because /etc/grub was a symlink
to /boot/grub - but it seems grub2 is not so KISS (or maybe it's just
Fedora's butchering of grub2 ??).

First problem - Fedora does not use /boot/grub - it uses /boot/grub2 but
LFS (with grub2) uses /boot/grub

Second problem - Fedora /boot/grub2/grub.cfg says not to hand edit it,
which gives me the impression that if I do hand edit it, a Fedora kernel
update is likely to wipe it. It says to modify files in /etc/grub.d -
but Fedora's /etc/grub.d is only available when Fedora is booted, so
when booted into other distros (like LFS) it won't be available.

The solution I believe is to create a /boot for LFS on it's hard drive
(I have separate physical disk, but this makes me sad - would be nice
for people with one HDD to be able to do this) and have a Fedora grub
entry that tells its grub to load the LFS /boot on sdd - kind of like
grub can load a Windows boot loader.

How do I do this?