Hi there,

I have build LFS several times now, and I thought I would give the latest
kernel 3.9 a try.

The installation boots without problems, but in the end of the boot it can
not find my NIC.

Error message:

Adding IPv4 address 192.168.0.100 to the eth0 interface...Cannot find device
"eth0"      [FAIL]
*****
*****face eth0 doesn't exist.
[FAIL]

The "face" in above line it not a typo, that is actualy what is written on
my screen.

When I log in as root and type "ifup" I get:

Bringing up the interface...    /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig. Is missing or
cannot be accessed.                 [FAIL]

But "ls -ali /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig* shows:

3008808 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 113  7 maj 20:55
/etc/sysconfig/ifconfig.eth0

So the file is there, and can be accessed - and its content is just as it
usualy is, which has been working before.

I hope somebody can help me to get in contact with my machine !

Niels