I have always in the past used a ext3 partition on my LFS systems. I
have changed to ext4 and on boot I get errors that are saying than it
had problems mounting the partition due to unsupported  options, it has
EXT3-fs in the first two error messages, the third message says it uses
EXT4-fs and it then mounts without error.
I belive  it is coming from the kernel as it has a kernal time of [
1.568232].

Is this normal for the boot to try mount the root partition with EXT3-fs
twice before then using EXT4-fs?