On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 05:03:53PM -0700, John Black wrote:

> My main purpose is creating Live CD with some unicodes support, should I
> consider something about USB modem?

 Ambition, and having goals which encourage you to learn, is great.
But I fear you have a lot of topics to learn about.  I suggest that
your first step should be to get the network on your own machine
working.  If you can connect to wired ethernet using the Via Rhine
you will have a far easier time building a useful system.

 If for some reason you have to use a usb modem, I don't think we're
the best people to help : using ppp is not common, most of us use
either wired ethernet or wifi.  Googling for "linux using ppp0 usb"
found the following links which might be helpful :

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/3G_and_GPRS_modems_with_pppd -
some of the detail is specific to how Arch bootscripts are
organized,  I'd forgotten all the intricacies of ppp 'chat' scripts
(I last used a modem more than 10 years ago, even then it was an
obsolete and painful way of connecting).

http://kiranjammula.wordpress.com/2010/10/03/gprs-connection-using-ppp-daemon-on-arm-linux-using-bluetoothusb-modem/
which is a blog post from 2010 about using a bluetooth/usb modem
for a GPRS connection on (some sort of) ARM processor

http://www.acmesystems.it/ppp which is another link for PPP over
GPRS, on some sort of embedded board, using debian

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialPPP.html which is a
general tutorial on ppp from YoLinux - it's old (it mentions Redhat
6.2, which was about 14 years ago) so it will cover "regular" modems,
not usb (I've no idea how different they are).

 Just in case the point isn't obvious - if you don't have a network
connection, you can't download any source code.  LFS is all about
building from source.

ĸen