On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 09:25:31AM -0500, Dave Wagler wrote:

[ snipping most of what you wrote, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of
detail and I don't immediately see the correct solution.  But the
following is where the problem lies: ]

> 2. /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig.eth0
>
> ONBOOT=yes
> IFACE=eth0
> SERVICE=ipv4-static
> IP=192.168.0.1
> GATEWAY=192.168.0.100
^^^^
> PREFIX=24
> BROADCAST=192.168.0.255

 I'm not familiar-enough with the other distros you mentioned to
tell you where to look in them for the gateway, but it seems that
192.168.0.100 is either not the correct address (it's on your lan,
but perhaps it isn't the gateway), or else it is indeed the gateway
but something in its config is not letting your new system pass
through.

 If I read your post correctly, the TP-Link modem sounds as if it
should be the gateway (i.e. it is what stands between your LAN on
192.168.0 and everywhere else, including your other modem).

 The only config issue that springs to mind is that (perhaps) you
set a static IP, but the TP-link modem maybe assigned that to a
different machine.

 If 192.168.0.100 is the TP-Link modem, I suggest that first you
connect to it and look at its logs or whatever else it offers, to
see if your LFS machine showed up.  Also, you could try running one
of the other distros.  In the old way, 'route -n' should show you
the gateway (for 0.0.0.0), on the new way (like in lfs), 'ip route
show' should show it in the "default via" line.

ĸen