Baho Utot wrote:
> On 08/25/2013 12:17 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Baho Utot wrote:

>>> udev 204
>>>
>>> This is on a Dell lapdog tye cd/dvd/ is internal
>>>
>>> Yes /dev/sr0 is there
>>>
>>> I should have a new system built with 206 sometime today as it is still
>>> building
>> I really don't think there should be a difference for cdroms between
>> udev 204 and 206.  Try 'dmesg|grep -i cdrom'  That should indicate
>> whether the kernel found the device.  When udev is started in the boot
>> scripts,  it should create a symlik from
>
> [ 1.471298] cdrom: Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
>
> find / -name 60-cdrom_id.rules
>
> /lib/udev/rules.d/60-cdrom_id.rules
>

>> 60-cdrom_id.rules:
>>
>> KERNEL=="sr0", SYMLINK+="cdrom", OPTIONS+="link_priority=-100"
>
> Yes it is there
>

>> Note that in /etc/udev/rules.d there are a couple of cdrom related
>> rules.  It should generate /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules.
>>
>> You might want to try to trace through that.
>>
>>      -- Bruce
>>

> I have
> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
> /etc/udev/rules.d/81-cdrom.rules
> /etc/udev/rules.d/83-cdrom-symlinks.rules

One thing you might try is this.  Change the bootscripts to not run
udevd (or the retry).  The system should come up fine, but some symlinks
or permissions may be missing/wrong.

The run from the command line as root:

/lib/udev/udevd --debug |tee /run/udev-debug.log

You should be able to get some info about how udev perceives the cdrom.

   -- Bruce