smlaid smlaid wrote:
> i am getting this boot issue for my first LFS boot :(
>
> I 0.997150] CPU: 0 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 3.10.10 #1
> I 0.997168] Hardware name: VMware, Inc. VMware Virtual Platform/440BX Desktop
> Reference Platform, BIOS 6.00 07/02/2012

This is almost always due to not having the right drivers installed in
the kernel.  In your case, it looks like you are using vmware.

When in the virtual host, look at lsmod and see what drivers are needed.
  Also look at /dev to see what the disk drives are named.  If not sda,
adjust this as needed in both grub.cfg and fstab.

   -- Bruce