On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:16:48PM -0500, Dan McGhee wrote:
> In trying to add Vim at the end of Ch. 5, I discoverd that four ncurses
> libraries weren't where they were supposed to be.  Instead of /tools/lib
> I found libncurses{,w}.so.5{,.9} (actually two of these are soft links)
> in /tools/lib/perl15/5.18.1/x86_64-linux-gnu/.  This just doesn't seem
> right.  I think I can remember typing "x86_64-linux-gnu" when building
> Ch. 5, but I can't remember in what section.  The only instructions in
> either ncurses or perl that could have caused any "typing issues"--and I
> usually copy and paste to eliminate those--are in the perl build.  "cp
> -Rv lib/* /tools/lib/perl5/5.18.1.

 On my 7.4 builds, in chapter 6 perl installs some files into
/usr/lib/perl5/5.18.1/x86_64-linux-gnu/.  It doesn't do that in
chapter 5.

 Similarly, in chapter 5 the book doesn't install the wide versions
of ncurses.

 No idea how you could have got ncurses libs installed into the perl
directory tree.  I guess you aren't scripting chapter 5, but if your
lfs user's bash history is available it might show something.

ĸen