On 10/20/2013 04:43 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Frans de Boer wrote:
>> ...of changed/new files on http only sites like sourceforge.net?
>>
>> Keeping track of changed and new files on FTP sites is relative easy.
>> However, HTTP sites is differently and made complicated because no page
>> is the same and directory listings are not easy. In fact, I do not
>> remember anymore how to get directory listings from HTTP servers. If
>> that is possible and if it works mostly the same on every HTTP server, I
>> can make a script to get it done.
>>
>> Since authors on LFS are probably using such a tool, what tool or
>> mechanism I can try?
>
> It's not easy.  I have custom scripts that basically address each
> package.  Sometimes upstream blocks directory listings completely.
> Sometimes you get into a situation where odd releases are stable and
> even development or vice versa.  You can look at
> http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/~bdubbs/lfs-latest-files.phps but
> that is just an example and slightly out of date.
>
>     -- Bruce

Thanks Bruce,

Like I said no page is the same and I noticed that you handle every site
in a different way using customized regex's. That is exactly the thing I
try to avoid, but given the nature of things I assume that would be hard
to accomplished using HTTP.

I stay on the lookout of a more generic tool and am happy that my
scripts can handle normal FTP transfers. I augmented the tables in my
scripts to handle also the LFS site, since that can be reached by FTP too.

Regards,
Frans.