On 11/25/2013 03:38 PM, Kenan Regez wrote:
On 25.11.2013 06:14, Chris Staub wrote:
On 11/24/2013 04:01 PM, Kenan Regez wrote:
Hi,

It is my first try to build LFS im really excited about the project but
i have got a question about the step GCC 4.8.1.

I run into the same error many times when i run "make". I followed every
step in the book, i untared the gmp, mpfr and mpc into my gcc-4.8.1 dir,
as written in the book i renamed the folders.

Now after spending some hours to find the problem i did this another way
which worked but im unsure if it legit to use the way i did.

I got allways this error:

|checkingfor  MPFR...  no
configure:  error:  libmpfr not found or uses a different ABI.
make[1]:  ***  [configure-mpc]  Error  1|
This usually means that mpfr was not unpacked where it should be. Please
paste, directly from your command history, all the exact commands you
typed which lead to this error, starting with unpacking the GCC tarball.
Thank you for your reply,

Ok this is what i did in /mnt/lfs/sources:

(before, i did follow the steps to configure binutils-2.23.2: that worked, i did not see any error)

1.     tar -xvf gcc-4.8.1.tar.bz2
2.     cd gcc-4.8.1
3.     tar -Jxf ../mpfr-3.1.2.tar.xz
4.     mv -v mpfr-3.1.2 mpfr
5.     tar -Jxf ../gmp-5.1.2.tar.xz
6.     mv -v gmp-5.1.2 gmp
7.     tar -zxf ../mpc-1.0.1.tar.gz
8.     mv -v mpc-1.0.1 mpc
9.    -> executed the script below

for file in \
$(find gcc/config -name linux64.h -o -name linux.h -o -name sysv4.h)
do
cp -uv $file{,.orig}
sed -e 's@/lib\(64\)\?\(32\)\?/ld@/tools&@g' \
-e 's@/usr@/tools@g' $file.orig > $file
echo '
#undef STANDARD_STARTFILE_PREFIX_1
#undef STANDARD_STARTFILE_PREFIX_2
#define STANDARD_STARTFILE_PREFIX_1 "/tools/lib/"
#define STANDARD_STARTFILE_PREFIX_2 ""' >> $file
touch $file.orig
done

I did copy that from the book.

9.1    sed -i '/k prot/agcc_cv_libc_provides_ssp=yes' gcc/configure

10.    mkdir -v ../gccbuild
11.    cd ../gccbuild
12. did type the command char by char from the book and double checked :)

../gcc-4.8.1/configure
--target=$LFS_TGT
--prefix=/tools
--with-sysroot=$LFS
--with-newlib
--without-headers
--with-local-prefix=/tools
--with-native-system-header-dir=/tools/include
--disable-nls
--disable-shared
--disable-multilib
--disable-decimal-float
--disable-threads
--disable-libatomic
--disable-libgomp
--disable-libitm
--disable-libmudflap
--disable-libquadmath
--disable-libsanitizer
--disable-libssp
--disable-libstdc++-v3
--enable-languages=c,c++
--with-mpfr-include=$(pwd)/../gcc-4.8.1/mpfr/src
--with-mpfr-lib=$(pwd)/mpfr/src/.libs

13.   make

and then i got error mentioned before.

Do i need to configure && make && make install gmp, mpfr and mpc before in my /mnt/sources/tools directorie?

I also thought about using some more statements to configure gcc, something like "--with-gmp-include=../gcc-4.8.1/gmp/..." or with "--with-mpc-lib=../gcc-4.8.1/mpc..." but there is no include dir, nor the lib dir...

Where is my mistake?

Thank you for anything you can help me with.

Kenan

Did you put the \ at the end of each line in your configure step?