> root:/sources/glibc-build# grep Error glibc-check-log
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/math/
test-float.out] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/math/test-ldouble.out] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/math/test-ildoubl.out] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/math/test-ifloat.out] Error 1

> I would want to dig into the tests to see what is failing.
> They all look related and my first reaction is that there
> are hardware issues, but I haven't seen these particular
> errors before.

Thanks for your reply, Bruce.

Is there any way for a relatively novice user like myself to better
determine what these errors are before continuing, as you suggested? I
suppose the only other route for me to take is to forge ahead and hope for
the best.

As mentioned before, it's a relatively older system (Athlon XP 3200+) which
doesn't have SSE2 or other newer instruction extensions. Could that be the
cause of the errors?

Any advice or suggestions are welcome. Thanks.