        .

> The trick for grub users is to get it to "look across" the
> > partitions without having to have a "signed" grub.efi file.  And as soon as
> > get my LFS system to the point I want to reach, I'm going to do another
> > build
> > and see if I can make that happen.
>
> Doesn't UEFI systems have a 'Legacy' mode where that stuff is not needed?

Every new machine passing thru or stopping here in past few years, _has_ -
partly cos we check priorly that it will have: but ISTR talk recently on/via
anandtech/... that the predictable is happening - i.e. of some machines
being purely uefi; there's always some manuf that will/may want to 'cut
corners' sooner rather than later and just do uefi-only, at least for some
models.

(And as noted elsewhere and here again, legacy-mode and gpt work just fine
together; tho' I guess there'd be corner-cases.)

akh