William Darryl Jackson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to get glibc installed on my system, so I can continue/begin
> LFS. I get the same error from Glibc versions 2-17, and 18.
>
> //home/william/Downloads/glibc-2.18/nis/nis_file.c:42: undefined
> reference to `xdrstdio_create' /

> Research says it is trying to do a sunrpc (procedure call) and seems to
> have something to do with ports. It is a known problem on some platforms:
>

>         12.57.45 |xdrstdio_create|
>
> Gnulib module: ---

Gnulib and glibc are not the same thing.

What is your host distribution and what is the output of the host system
requirements script?

The symbol xdrstdio_create is normally in /usr/include/rpc/xdr.h after
installation, but that file is in the glibc package.  I note that the
problem is not that the file was not found, but the variable not defined.

Are you doing things *exactly* as they are in the book?

   -- Bruce