On 01/16/2014 04:23 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Le 16/01/2014 22:15, William Darryl Jackson a écrit :
>> Greetings,
>>
>> My first pass of make produced the following error:
>>
>> checking for MPFR... no
>> configure: error: libmpfr not found or uses a different ABI (including static
>> vs shared).
>> make[1]: *** [configure-mpc] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> I have triple-checked my configure syntax.
>>
> It seems you already reported that error on January 11th... Have you extracted
> and renamed gmp, mpfr and mpc to the source directory
> (/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-4.8.1)?
>
> Regards
> Pierre
You are correct - Pierre, I came to that same conclusion. So I very
carefully repeated the steps on page 36 to ensure those folders were
being built correctly (owner/group=lfs) then (delete contents of
gcc-build; reconfigure, and make) -No change; this error must be
pointing to something else with my system.

My Internet searches indicate that others have had similar problems, but
I saw no resolution. What if any is the host interaction at this point?
Gotta find somewhere else to look.

Thanks,

William