On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 06:08:46PM +0100, Frans de Boer wrote:
> On 02/13/2014 05:29 PM, Armin K. wrote:
> > On 02/13/2014 04:42 PM, Frans de Boer wrote:
> >> During testing I get "col: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide
> >> character" as output for the man-6 test. I found references which date
> >> back to 2009 with the same errors, but no solution is found.
> >>
> >> So, I doubt I'll be the first to notice this.
> >> Any suggestions?
> >>
> >> Regards, Frans.
> >>

> > Ken also reported it few days back on lfs-dev, but it seems that there's
> > no solution for that one, too.
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/lfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org/msg19395.html
> >
> Yes, exactly the same error. I also checked my glibc logs as well as the
> actual contents of the 'locale-archive'file. Could not find any error.
>
> Maybe the answer is in the past, since this was noticed in 2009 too. I
> will look furtherer into it, because it will have impact as reported in
> 2009.
> By the way, I tried this with 2.6.4 and 2.6.5 with the same result. I do
> not remember this when building with glibc-2.18. I will check that too.

 My build was with glibc-2.18 - I don't expect problems from 2.19,
but if they do happen it would be nice to correctly attribute the
problem - I've seen too many fixes in distros over the years where
they blamed the wrong part of hte toolchain.

 And all the other testsuites were reasonably ok.

> Frans.
>
> PS: I am glad I finally have made an automated build, same me sooo much
> time and energy.

 Great.  I just wish I could quickly spot all the changes in LFS and
BLFS between my own builds, without looking line-by-line at the
diffs.  Fortunately, Armin is good at identifying what I've done
wrong when I report problems in BLFS ;-)

ĸen