I am just trying to figure out the overall smallest size of hard drive space
needed for all of the partitions.
My sums from the 7.5 book come to 80 Gig plus whatever space I want for /home .

[ suggested partition sizes:
        root LFS 10Gig    /usr/src 30-50Gig      /opt 5-10Gig     /usr 5Gig
  /tmp <5Gig      swap 2xRAM      /boot 100Meg   =~81Gig
]

The online version of the book says, "A minimal system requires a partition of
around 2.8 gigabytes (GB)." in 2.2 .
I've 30Gig available on the host system, and have a 30 Gig drive that I was
planning on using to start my LFS system, but now think that I can not get
what's needed on a small drive.

So... how small a drive can I do LFS with?  Thanks and I hope to not be a
bother in the future.
Al