On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 03:15:46PM +0200, Ronnie van Aarle wrote:
> One last thing, there is no need to change your kernel modules from linked
> to builtin. They are stored in /boot/modules and if you see the four
> penquins, this means grub is setup right and your system has acces to that
> path.

 That is not correct.  If you see the penguins, that ONLY means grub
has loaded a kernel (with framebuffer support), and that kernel has
started to initialise itself.

 In LFS, we do not use an initrd so everything which is required
before modules can be loaded MUST be built in.  The primary things
are the correct device drivers for your disk controller(s), and the
filesystems.

 Under SCSI device support on a typical recent x86 machine, enable
SCSI disk support, SCSI CDROM support, SCSI generic support (the
last two are for the CD/DVD device, so that you can burn a backup).

 Within Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers (libata) enable whatever
matches your hardware.  In a distro, use lsmod to see what got
loaded or lspci -v and google to see what chipsets you have, and
which drivers they use.

 Anything which is not needed before userspace has been brought up
(e.g. the network driver) can be a module.

ĸen