On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 01:35:53PM -0500, William Harrington wrote:

> I guess since 2.6 it did change from how it was before then, since new
> feature development now takes place in the same revision number.

 Yes, 2.5 was very unpleasant.  The "rule" now is "no regressions" -
obviously, there are occasional exceptions, and other cases where
nobody noticed - so, the more people who run a current kernel, the
sooner regressions will be noticed.

> 3.2 has up to release 63 , EOL 14 September 2014

 I thought this was still being maintained, but it is so old that
nobody using LFS is likely to care.

> 3.4 has up to release 104, EOL 25 September 2014 (Or possibly in October 2014)

 Still maintained, with a new maintainer.  But again, too old for
LFS users to care about.

> 3.10 has up to release 55, 17 September 2014 slated EOL September 2015

> 3.12 has up to release 28, 7 September 2014 till 2016

> 3.14 has up to release 19, 17 September 2014 till August 2016

 So, anybody who now wants a stable kernel (e.g. for a server where
they do not intend to frequently update kernels) should probably be
using 3.14.

ĸen