On 02/04/2015 04:21 μμ, rail shafigulin wrote:
I'm new to LFS and using version 7.7 Current in Chapter 5.4.1

Welcome to LFS. I hope you enjoy it.

binutils configuration I'm getting the following errors:

gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'

The configure script does some tests and some of these fail.
They are not considered build errors.

Here is the output config.log. The outputs from version-check.sh and
library-check.sh are below as well. I'm not quite clear what is wrong.
Any help in resolving the issue is appreciated.

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by configure, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.64.  Invocation command line was

   $ ../binutils-2.25/configure --prefix=/tools --with-sysroot=/mnt/lfs
--with-lib-path=/tools/lib
#define PACKAGE_URL ""
#define LT_OBJDIR ".libs/"

configure: exit 0

If configure exited 0 everything is ok. The same applies to make
and other commands. If in doubt, do 'echo $?'. It prints the last
command's exit status. If it's 0 the command succeeded.

Here is the output from version-check.sh:
bash, version 4.3.11(1)-release
/bin/sh -> /bin/dash

It should be /bin/sh -> /bin/bash

Binutils: (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.24
bison (GNU Bison) 3.0.2
/usr/bin/yacc -> /usr/bin/bison
bzip2,  Version 1.0.6, 6-Sept-2010.
Coreutils:  8.21
diff (GNU diffutils) 3.3
find (GNU findutils) 4.4.2
GNU Awk 4.0.1
/usr/bin/awk -> /usr/bin/gawk
gcc (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) 4.8.2
g++ (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) 4.8.2
(Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.19-0ubuntu6.6) 2.19
grep (GNU grep) 2.16
gzip 1.6
Linux version 3.13.0-48-generic (buildd@orlo) (gcc version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu
4.8.2-19ubuntu1) ) #80-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 12 11:16:15 UTC 2015
m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.17
GNU Make 3.81
GNU patch 2.7.1
Perl version=5.18.2
sed (GNU sed) 4.2.2
tar (GNU tar) 1.27.1
makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 5.2
xz (XZ Utils) 5.1.0alpha
g++ compilation OK

Here is the output from library-check.sh
libgmp.la <http://libgmp.la>: not found
libmpfc.la <http://libmpfc.la>: not found
libmpc.la <http://libmpc.la>: not found

Good luck