On Thu, September 24, 2015 05:50, tux Penguin wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I have some query.
>
> For glibc compilation , I executed the command "make check" . The
> following
> test suites failed :-

> Summary of test results:
>     112 FAIL
>    2073 PASS
>     199 XFAIL
>       3 XPASS
>

> I am using gcc version 4.8 , linux kernel version - 3.10 , glibc version -
> 2.21
>
> Regard
>
> Harpreet Singh

Hell Harpreet,

You can view the ".out" files in each test's subdirectory of nptl/ and
rt/. Since a lot of the ntpl tests failed, you may want to check your
current running kernel. Which gcc version was it built with. There are
some cases where the tests will fail if the kernel was built with a gcc
version earlier than 4.0.2 or 4.2.0, but I'm not certain.

Also, make sure /proc /dev and /sys are mounted when entering chroot:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/kernfs.html

Usually more tests fail if diffutils wasn't installed, but this does not
seem to be the case.

Sincerely,

William Harrington