On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 16:28:00 -0400
Craig Garner <craigcgar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I set up my environment so the triplet does not change.  Every time
> "lfs" or whatever becomes "unknown"?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Craig
Hello Craig,

I've chatted with you in the IRC channel.

Target triplet is cpu-vendor-os:
https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.65/html_node/Specifying-Target-Triplets.html

For LFS, build binutils and gcc with --build=youawesomecustomtarget

binutils and gcc should install binaries with the custom target.

For any autotools package just add --build=$MYTARGET  where $MYTARGET is
doritos-crunchy-baddoctorvisit_os

--build is important when more than one toolchain is to be used. If you want a
vendor to glorify your build, then you will be satisfied.

You can also build specific toolchains for targeted cpu's.

Build a toolchain for pentium3 or coreisbr for sandy bridge.
pentium3-awesome-gnu-linux
coreisbr-awesome-gnu-linux

Sincerely,

William Harrington