Hi All;

""partition after chrooting to /mnt/sysimage..

It was this way for me while I was using my Stick to set up Fedora, but after Rebooting, It was then able to be seen as /lfs or I could mount it on /mnt/lfs..

But my real problem was, that it didn't have Gcc, so after installing it and everything else..

I saw that gcc was too new, and I couldn't figure out 'How" to install gcc from the fc21 instead of the fc23.. Yum wouldn't see the other site and I didn't know how to direct it to the fc21 site..

I finally had to give up again.. I just don't know enough about the working(s) of lfs and linux to get around to what others would perceive as simple problems..

So, Thank You to everyone for Your Help..

THANK YOU Marty

Marty,

I think if you have gcc-5.3.x, for any x, this is OK. We should add a note in the book, because of the new release scheme for GCC:

"Official" releases are labelled x.y.0. It seems that distros can replace the last 0 (the "patch number") by something else, possibly numbering their own patches. So the sentence for GCC in "host requirements" should read:

"Versions greater than 5.3.x for any x (*) are not recommended as they have not been tested". I know we haven't tested all versions 5.3.x, but this has always been true. We have never tested all distros patches either.

Pierre
(*) I let true English writers fix this sentence to make it understandable...