> From: Bjoern Meier <bjoern.me...@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 21:16:40 +0000
> Subject: Re: [lfs-support] 5.8.1. Installation of Target Libstdc++
>
> hi,
>
> ALZ (phyglos.org) <a...@phyglos.org> schrieb am Mi., 24. Feb. 2016 um
> 20:37 Uhr:
>

> > The point of trying GCC 4.9 was to discard some corner cases of your
> > specific compiler GCC 4.8.2-19ubuntu1 with 5.2 or 5.3 toolchains.  You
> > didn't answered which one you were building.
> >

> Sorry, but I don't know what exactly do you mean. I do it like it is
> described in 5.3

No you don't. You're using puppet. Nothing wrong with that per se: but
there is a big difference between manual-build and automated build; and
you seem to be unable or unwilling to take that into account; you seem to
be not skeptical enough of your usage of automation tools.

> > Others have asked you to verify that your environment is properly set,
> > as per the book, but there is no feedback or confirmation about that.
> >

> there are only two environment variables. I provide them through  puppet
> and yes there are correct, as I mentioned: this is documented in config.log

Wrong; simply wrong. There are more than two environment variables. Again,
you seem to be being not self-skeptical enough here: too much in 'transmit'
mode.

> > Pierre has been specific in asking for details in configure and make
> > commands and errors, that you have not provided yet.
> >

> I did. Two times.

Again, too much in 'transmit' mode: you're seeming to not absorb the simple,
direct, specific question(s) being asked; they are asking for an attention
to detail that you again are riding roughshod past.

> > My guess is that you don't have a problem in "5.8 Libstdc++" but in
> > "5.5. GCC-5.2.0 - Pass 1".
> >

> How so? After I configured a step in puppet I manually look into the logs
> and /tools directory

And so what? The point is, what do you see there: and are you sure that
it is correct. You seem to repeatedly assume that you are correct, and
thus don't provide the simple direct raw information so that others can
see if it is correct or not.

> > But talking about basic questions, we should go back first to "1.5 Help".
> >

> The only open question here is: I use 7.8

The central point here is: assuming true your implicit claim to be
satisfactorily competent at manual builds of lfs; then, the central point
here is, in what way(s) are you mapping it incorrectly onto puppet?

hth, (but somehow doubt it),

akh