In conducting the sanity check in section 5.10:
echo 'int main(){}' > dummy.c
cc dummy.c
readelf -l a.out | grep ': /tools'
cc dummy.c
got the following output
/usr/bin/ld:
/mnt/lfs/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/6.2.0/../../../crti.o:
unrecognized relocation (0x2b) in section `.init'
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
I am following LFS 7.10 RC1. I do not understand enough of the inner workings
of linking to debug this issue. The pages on google are seemingly directed at
experienced programmers--something which I am not.
What went wrong here?