Mark Pokorny wrote:
Hazel Russman wrote:

Minor niggle: I got a failure when running test-getlogin on an Xterm.
According to the book, this should pass (it's known to fail on a console).

In chapter 6, you are not in an xterm (directly), you are in chroot.  Try
building coreutils directly in an xterm.

Forgive me for wading in here. Can I suggest that the text in the book
be updated to clarify what you said in your email? I made the
assumption (wrongly in this case) that the phrase “but passes if run
in a X terminal.” would apply even in a chroot environment as the
underlying terminal is still an xterm (LFS 7.10 has a similar phrase
that for a test that DOES pass in a chroot environment). I think it
would be clearer if it said:

“The test-getlogin test is known to fail on a virtual console (such as
in this chroot environment), but passes if run in an X terminal
directly.”

OK, I'll make the change in my next commit.

  -- Bruce