I would like to build LFS-8.0 on my laptop using the toolkit I created for my
desktop build. I tarred it up before making the final adjustments to gcc and
ld. I have never done this before and I would like to run through my proposed
procedure so that more experienced people can tell me if I'm leaving anything
essential out. The host system will be LFS-7.8.

1. Make a new partition and format it for ext4.
2. Mount it on $LFS.
3. Create $LFS/sources and give myself write access. I intend to populate it
from the desktop machine using ftp.
4. Create $LFS/tools by unpacking the tools tarball into $LFS.
5. Create the /tools link to $LFS/tools.
6. Continue from the beginning of Chapter 6.

As far as I can see, I shall not need an LFS user for this build. Is that
correct?

--

H Russman