Il 21 mar 2017 4:52 PM, "Michael D. L." <lfs-supp...@cosis.dk> ha scritto:

> On 03/21/2017 12:40 PM, Thomas Seeling wrote:
>>
>> Hallo, I have built an LFS 7.10 system (without systemd) and I'm quite
happy with it so far, everything works great. Now I wanted to transfer some
files so I connected a memory stick but there's no device to mount. I'm
unsure about whether I should expect an USB stick to work with base LFS or
not. When I connect the memory stick the kernel messages report the USB
device and recognize manufacturer etc., but I don't see a corresponding
node created in /dev. My kernel is compiled with USB support and
DOS/FAT/NTFS filesystems as modules. Admittedly I'm not entirely sure how
udev is supposed to work. The rules syntax suggest that the kernel already
provides something like "sdb" and the udev rules can work with that. I've
grabbed a similar-looking rule from an Ubuntu wiki but it did not work as I
hoped. Can someone please give me some hints and pointers what I should do
next? Is this a debugging-something problem or an installing-something
problem? Thanks ;) Tschau...Thomas

> Hi Thomas,
>
> You need to add support for USB Storage Devices in the Kernel:
>
> Device Drivers ->
>     USB Support ->
>         <*> USB Mass Storage support
>
> Be sure the prerequisit SCSI disk support is enabled aswell:
>
> Device Drivers ->
>     SCSI device support ->
>         <*> SCSI disk support
>
> Best regards
>  Michael

Be sure to include even usb 3.0 drivers if you have those ports..otherwise
you will get a kernel panic if you try to boot from usb