On Sat, 2017-05-27 at 12:16 -0600, Alan Feuerbacher wrote:
> On 5/26/2017 3:37 AM, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
> > On Thu, 2017-05-25 at 10:52 -0600, Alan Feuerbacher wrote:
> > > Since yesterday, I installed quite a bit more BLFS software, plus the
> > > rEFInd boot manager from RodsBooks. Sendmail is now installed.
> > >
> > > LFS seems to boot up to the "komodo login:" prompt, and then hangs.
> > > Every kernel message shows [ OK ] on the right side of the screen. The
> > > last is for "Starting sendmail". The NIC seems to come alive.
> >
> > I had the same issue and and turned out to be USB3 was not enabled during
> > the kernel build.
> >
> > Make sure that CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD is enabled.
> > Or plug the keyboard into a USB2 port if you have one?
>
> I enabled that, along with all of the CONFIG stuff that I could find in
> the BLFS Index of kernel-related software.
>
> See my email of a few minutes ago for details.
>
> A mystery is what exactly fixed the problem. I have both keyboard and
> mouse plugged into USB2 ports on the MB, so I don't see what enabling
> CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD could have done.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Alan

Just out of interest, can you run the lspci command and tell me how many USB
controllers you have?
I only have one.

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH USB 3.0 xHCI Controller

This is despite the specs of my motherboard saying.

Intel® Z270 Chipset :
8 x USB 3.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue, Type-A, 4 at mid-board)
Intel® Z270 Chipset :
6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, , Type-A, 4 at mid-board)

Also, execute 'lsusb -t'.
This will show which Bus Driver the port in question falls under.

Regards,
Wayne.