Hi,

While compiling GCC on the first pass I got the following error:

checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in
 `/media/isaac/LFS/Source_Code/build-gcc/i686-elf/libgcc':
configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot
 compile
See `config.log' for more details.
Makefile:12212: recipe for target 'configure-target-libgcc' failed

As the books says I used GCC 6.3.0 this time. I ran the
download_prerequisites script after unpacking the zipped folder. So I
have the correct versions of GMP, MPC and MPFR. What can be the
problem? In the FAQ (https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#configure_suffix)
it says an error like mine can either result from not running the
download_prerequisites script, or from a bug in the compiler. My
system compiler is gcc-5.4.0 and Imy system binutils is version 2.28.
Can that be the problem? Or is there another reason it might happen
on LFS?

Thank you very much,
Isaac D. Cohen