Hi,

Sorry if I'm bothering everyone too much lately. I just have a short
question this time. I continued on in the book and it says to set
the variables CC, AR, and RANLIB. So I'm wondering whether that is a
one time thing (just for that compilation) or should I add them to my
.bashrc file? I wonder because the book doesn't make it clear. It
says to set those variables before compiling binutils pass 2 and then
again before compiling gcc pass 2. So it sounds like they don't need
to be permanent. But does the book mean that they should be
permanent/set before each build? Or does it mean that they should
only be set for binutils and gcc pass 2?

Thank you very much,
Isaac D. Cohen