I have two remarks to the wpa_supplicant step in BLFS. I am referring to the
current 8.1 version (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/basicnet/wpa_supplicant.html)

First: the file created with
wpa_passphrase /|SSID|/ /|SECRET_PASSWORD|/ > /etc/sysconfig/wpa_supplicant-/|wifi0|/.conf contains the password to my wifi device in unencrypted form and is world readable. I am not sure
if this is by design, but it seems like a security risk.

Second: The creation of the /etc/sysconfig/ifconfig.wifi0 contains the "hardcoded" value "wlan0"
for IFACE.
I had to change this to the value of an interface-name (?) found under /sys/class/net in order for it to work. Maybe, someone stumbles accross this information and will find it useful in the future?
Maybe, this information could be added to the book?

Rene